Senior Digital Designer
Active Ingredients, a full-service digital marketing agency based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is seeking an experienced Senior Digital Designer to join our team. This is a remote position with the option for in-person work.
This is a contract role to start (up to 20 hours per week), with the hope that this will develop into a full-time, in-house position in the next 3 – 6 months. To apply, send your resume and why you are good match for this role to email@example.com.
This role is open to applicants in the United States.
Role & Responsibilities
For the first 3 – 6 months, in a contract role, this person would lead and support a few specific web/UI, digital marketing and social media projects.
Eventually in a full-time capacity, this role would encompass the following:
- In this role, you will be the lead designer for many of our well-known brands in Food & Beverage and B2B Technology industries. Some of our recent clients include Miyoko’s, Chicken of the Sea, DocuSign, Patagonia Provisions and Amy’s Kitchen.
- You will work on a wide range of projects including fully custom website redesigns, multi-touchpoint digital marketing campaigns, email and social media content creation, photo and video-shoots.
- For some projects, you will create or evolve the brand style; for others, you will safeguard existing styles.
- You will lead digital projects from start to finish, collaborating with strategists and developers as well as copywriters, photographers and of course, your project manager.
- You will present design concepts to clients, keeping in mind how your design ties to business objectives and justifying your choices based on best-practices for web/social media/email.
- 6+ years experience in digital marketing-focused design and UX projects: websites, digital & social media campaigns, and email programs.
- Graphic design & typography expertise.
- Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator expertise.
- Familiarity with technical hand-off of creative assets.
You’re a fit if…
- You’re a visual designer with a love for designing digital experiences.
- You have led digital projects including UX (strategy, wireframes), visual concepts and creative execution.
- You have experience collaborating with developers to deliver a great end product (imagery, system buildout, asset hand-off).
- You can produce polished design concepts. You can work in Sketch, and you know how to use Photoshop to perfect imagery.
- You understand that business strategy informs what you create — the visual and UX systems you develop are not just memorable, they’re on target.
- You know how to present designs to clients and colleagues. You take constructive criticism but also know when to push back.
- You’re not a developer but you understand web-based technology and its impacts on design. You know mobile web and the importance of responsive UX.
About Active Ingredients
Founded in 2004, Active Ingredients is a full-service digital marketing agency based in Sausalito, California — but our team is distributed, working remotely across the United States. We are a close knit, collaborative team of designers, technologists, and storytellers that helps brands build strong customer relationships. Our proven track record of creating high impact, results-driven websites and digital campaigns speaks for itself.
We’re experts in our disciplines, but we’re also surfers, musicians, food bloggers, cyclists, environmentalists, bakers, runners, kale-eaters and dog people. And cat people. We do what we do because we love digital, we love making a positive impact on the world, and because we want good brands to be successful.
Our service expertise includes:
- Visual and user experience strategy and design
- Digital brand strategy
- Content strategy and copywriting
- Social, search, email and integrated campaigns
- Technical development and integration: CMS, CRM, and custom applications
- Analytics & testing